Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Friday, March 19, 2010
Hopefully Mother Nature has something nice in store for us as we grow anxious to take out our shorts and store away our winter coats. Visits to the zoo will be nice with our loved ones. Going to the park just to smell the night air will be wonderful. A day at the beach is almost but a dream. But its almost real, just a little time more!
Some schools have already let their students go for Spring Break! That always means spring is near, if not already here. The warm wind kisses our cheeks welcoming us to the outdoors! Pretty soon the camper will share our company! Ok, I'm getting even more anxious with all this talk of spring.
Happy Spring everyone! I can't wait to share more!!!
Amber Rigby Grosjean
Monday, March 15, 2010
For those who don't know what this book is about. Its about a woman named Emily who gets the shock of her life! She's not the ordinary woman she first thought of herself--nope. She's a witch!!!!! Emily Peterson comes from a long line of witches! Both of her parents are magical as well as her sister who she never met until the very day this secret is made known! And now she's going to train her! Oh, did I mention that Emily is the chosen one--the Great Witch who's birth was foretold centuries before? Will Emily learn how to use her powers in time to save her family let alone the whole world?
Peterson Estate is filled with twists! An toddler who can read medical books. Someone in the family who will turn out to be evil and betray Emily and her family. A ghost who wants Emily out of the picture. The gates of Hell works in here somewhere! And there's more!
This is the first book to a planned series. Only you can make the series happen. I promise more twists in the second, third, fourth, fifth (and so on) books. The imagination has no limits!!! And in this book you will see just that!
Amber Rigby Grosjean
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Visual Arts Junction’s Writer’s Contest: Bedtime StoryBy Aggie Villanueva
- Each category winner will be interviewed live on Nanci Arvizu’s Blog Talk Radio show, Page Readers.
- Each category winner receives a complimentary print book by New Mexico’s premier author Michael Orenduff, The Pot Thief Who Studied Ptolemy. Michael even has the Governor of NM commenting on his Pot Thief murder mystery series.
- Each category winner will receive a downloadable version of Aggie Villanueva’s critically acclaimed Biblical novel, Rightfully Mine.
- The winner gains double exposure on Aggie Villanueva’s two sites, and a post on the blogs of our prestigious panel of judges.
- Plus, and this is a huge plus; every one of our contest supporters (and this list is constantly growing) will also post your winning entry. See our sponsor list below. So, if this image inspires your muse, go for it. You’ll be read by thousands.
- There are two categories. Amateur Category: This category is open only to amateur writers, i.e. those who have been published less than 5 times in the past year. Not qualified to enter if you have books published. Be sure to write “Bedtime Story Writing Contest: Amateur Category” in the subject line. The prizes are the same for each category. Only unpublished, original fiction please.
- There are two categories. Professional Category: This category is open only to professional writers. Be sure to write “Bedtime Story Writing Contest: Professional Category” in the subject line.The prizes are the same for each category. Only unpublished, original fiction please.
- Study this image, Bedtime Story then write a story the photo art inspires. You don’t have to write only fiction. Enter an essay if that’s what this image inspires in you. (No poetry, please.) 500-550 word limit.
- Deadline for the Bedtime Story Writing Contest is March 31, 2010. The winning entry will receive two critique statements from each judge; what that judge likes about your entry and what could be improved. See The Fine Print below.
- Email your entry to Aggie at the Cabin. Be sure to type “Bedtime Story Writing Contest (plus) Amateur Category (or) Professional Category” in the subject line, or your entry may be overlooked or accidentally deleted.
- Include with your entry a short bio and attach your photo.
- Include all links you want posted with your winning entry.
- You will only be notified by email, so be sure to include your email address.
- Winning entries will be posted with your full story at all participating sites as near as possible to the 15th of April.
- You must respond within 5 days of the date on your winning email announcement. If you do not reply to your winning email announcement within that time limit, your prize will be assigned to the second place entrant.
The Fine Print: The judges’ critiques are confined to short comments; no in depth critique/editing. Entrants will be automatically added to the Visual Arts Junction newsletter. You many unsubscribe at any time. All rights to the Bedtime Story image remain with the creator, Aggie Villanueva.
VAJ Writing Contests Sponsors
- Visual Arts Junction: http://www.visualartsjunction.com
- Rightfully Mine http://www.aggiev.org/rightfullymine/contest-winners.html
- Carol Langstroth: The Frontpage http://www.carollangstroth.com
- Linda Yezak: 777 Peppermint Place http://lindayezak.wordpress.com/contest-winners/
- Cindy Bauer: Authors Resources http://authorresourcesbycindy.blogspot.com/
- Nanci Arvizu, Page Readers: http://pagereaders.com/
- Nanci’s Thoughts http://www.nanciarvizu.com
- Kim McDougall, Blazing Trailers: http://www.blazingtrailers.com/
- Melinda Elmore, Pen to Paper: www.melinda.essentialwriters.com
- Fran Lewis http://gabina49.wordpress.com/2009/12/20/congratulations-to-the-winners/
- Fran Lewis http://bertha160.xanga.com/718608585/valle-pintado-writing-contest-congratulations-to-the-winners/
- Amber Rigby Grosjean blog: http://amberrigbygrosjean.blogspot.com/
- D.K. Christi , Consultant and Author: http://www.dkchristi.com
- Jhonny Thermidor, Unexplored Oceans of Wisdom: http://jhonnythermidor.webs.com/poemscontests.htm
- Robert Appleton: Mercurial Times http://robertbappleton.blogspot.com/
- Chelle Cordero’s Promo Page: http://cce613.xanga.com/
- Abe F. March: http://www.abemarch.com/apps/blog/
- Paidra’s Pen: http://paidraspen.blogspot.com/
- Sandra Kay’s Musings: http://www.sandrakayauthor.blogspot.com/
- Jo Fulkerson: Writer’s Life http://www.freewebs.com/thedesertwriter/
- Elena Dorothy Bowman, Book Blog: http://elenadorothybowmansbooks.blogspot.com/
- Hank Quense: http://hankquense.com/blog/
- Mark Stephen Levy, Overland: http://authormarklevy.blogspot.com/
- Jay Heinlein Publishing Professional: http://heinleinpubservices.blogspot.com
- J. Michael Orenduff, Pot Thief series: http://www.ThePotThief.blogspot.com
- Yolanthaiti Harrison-Pace YOLANTHAITI http://www.yolanthaiti.blogspot.com
- Maggie Ball, Magdalena Ball: http://www.magdalenaball.blogspot.com